CUPERTINO, CA, USA -- StrongKey, the leader in open-source authentication and encryption solutions, has announced updated version 4.7 of the StrongKey FIDO Server (SKFS), which includes several new features. Most notably:
- Out-of-the-box integration with Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC)
- Availability of SAML Assertions upon successful FIDO authentications
"StrongKey is excited to join the Citrix Ready Partner Program, and is kicking off the relationship by bringing one of the strongest passwordless authentication technologies in the world to the Citrix ecosystem," says CTO Arshad Noor. According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, FIDO authentication carries Authentication Assurance Level-3 (AAL3), the highest tier. Several introductory resources about FIDO can be found on the StrongKey blog.
The SKFS integration to Citrix ADC is the first step in providing strong authentication to over 100 million users who rely on Citrix in their infrastructure. These existing Citrix customers will be able to implement FIDO authentication much more easily, with the SKFS serving as a seamless Identity Provider (IdP). This will require minimal reworking of their existing solutions, and represents a quick path to enabling FIDO authentication.
The SKFS continues to add unique value by adding SAML support to its growing list of features:
- Customizable security policies
- Single Sign-On with JSON Web Token (and now SAML!) responses
- Integration with PKI
- Built-in replication for high-availability
- Android Key Attestation for native Android apps
- Transaction confirmation
- Protection from side-channel attacks on FIDO credential databases
- Integrated with FIPS certified cryptographic hardware modules
SKFS is available either as a free open source download to get proof of concept projects started today, or on enterprise servers which integrate cryptographic hardware for enhanced privacy and security.